Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The Furniture Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales, protection plan (WorryNoMore), return rate and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis while demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for follow-up/clienteling and performing other duties as necessary
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions (SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and professionally.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture selection which includes both product and services such as WorryNoMore.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery experience.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket University.
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery and signing.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.